Awards of Excellence Program
*NEW DATE Celebrating Success Luncheon: TBD
Since the 40th Annual Conference has been rescheduled for September 2-4, 2020, the new Celebrating Success Luncheon and the recognition and announcement of award winners will be postponed. Please check back in for the new Celebrating Success Luncheon.
CALED invites members and non-members to participate in highlighting their achievements and sharing their success stories. Each year, we seek applications in four award categories: Gamechanger, Collaborations, Programs, and Promotions. Your participation could allow you to be showcased in your community and region.
You may submit one application per category. Please note that there is a separate application fee for each application submitted, per category. Applications must be submitted electronically by the deadline date and time. Winners will be notified via e-mail.
The Award of Excellence Winner (Grand Prize and the Award of Merit Winners will be recognized at the CALED 40th Annual Conference during the Celebrating Success Luncheon. Award of Merits will be recognized from their seats. There will be a professional photo opportunity for all winners following the Celebrating Success Luncheon. Please be sure to have your photo taken with your peers and your award. Photos may be used for press releases and other print materials.
- Gamechanger is intended to identify an impactful economic development finance project that proved to be transformational to the community and local economy. A high scoring applicant could show how financing tools were layered, larger economic development goals met, and/or partnerships were leveraged to create a larger economic and social benefit for the community.
- All application fees must be paid by January 16, 2020 or the application may be rejected. Please see the Application Fees below for dates and fee changes.
- Submit your application via e-mail to: Alphonse Wilfred by 5pm on January 9, 2020. If you do not receive a confirmation email from Alphonse Wilfred within 24 hours of submitting your application please contact him at email@example.com or 916-448-8252
- Economic Development Collaborations honors development projects between public and private sector that exemplify the spirit of collaboration during 2019. Some examples could include office/retail complex projects and downtown improvement projects.
- Economic Development Programs recognizes outstanding programs which have made a significant contribution to the field of economic development during 2019. These are programs that manage resources to influence or carry out economic development policy in progressive, timely and/or cost effective manner. Some examples from previous years include export trade programs, business finance programs, and city economic development strategies.
- Here is a great example of a Program Application
- Economic Development Promotions recognizes outstanding efforts and achievements in economic development advertising, marketing and promotion during 2019. The emphasis is on effective public relations and comprehensive ongoing business development campaigns that utilize special web sites, print, or broadcast media, collateral material, video or personal contact efforts. Some examples from previous years include brochures, websites, and shop local campaigns.
- Here is a great example of a Promotions Application
- Early Bird – Member rate $150 from October 10, 2019 – December 12, 2019
- Early Bird – Non-Member rate $200 from October 10, 2019 – December 12, 2019
- Regular – Member rate $300 from December 13, 2019 – January 9, 2020
- Regular – Non-Member rate $350 from December 13, 2019 – January 9, 2020
Pay your Awards Application Fee with Credit Card via Affinipay securely. (Enter “Awards Payment” in Reference line). Please note that you may not pay for an application and submit the application at a later date. The Awards Application Fee is the amount due at the time you submit your Awards Application. All application fees must be paid by January 16, 2020 or the application may be rejected. Please see the Application Fees above for dates and fee changes.
- October 10, 2019 Call for Nominations
- December 12, 2019, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) Early Bird Deadline to Submit Applications
- January 9, 2020, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) Regular Deadline to Submit Applications
- February 6, 2020, Awards Announcement sent to all Applicants via email
- TBD, Celebrating Success Luncheon
The Award of Excellence Winner & Award of Merit in each category will be recognized on stage during the Celebrating Success Luncheon at CALED’s 40th Annual Training Conference in Sacramento. Award of Merits will be announced from their seats. Professional photo opportunities will be available for all Award Winners following the Celebrating Success Luncheon. We hope to see you there!
If you have questions regarding the Awards of Excellence program, please contact Alphonse Wilfred at (916) 448-8252, ext. 17.