Awards of Excellence Program
CALED invites members and non-members to participate in highlighting their achievements and sharing their success stories. Each year we seek applications meeting the specific and overall criteria in each award category. Your participation could allow you to be showcased in your community and region. You may submit one application per category. Please note that there is a separate application fee for each application submitted, per category. Applications must be submitted electronically by the deadline date and time. Winners will be notified via e-mail. The Award of Excellence Winner (Grand Prize), will be recognized at the CALED 38th Annual Conference during the Celebrating Success Luncheon on March 16, 2018. Award of Merits will be recognized at their seats. There will be a professional photo opportunity for all winners following the Celebrating Success Luncheon. Please be sure to have your photo taken with your peers and your award. Photos may be used for press releases and other print materials.
- Economic Development Partnerships honors development projects between public and private sector that exemplify the spirit of partnership during 2017. Some examples from previous years include office/retail complex projects and downtown improvement projects. Apply now. Submit your application via e-mail to: Helen Schaubmayer by 12pm on January 10, 2018.
- Economic Development Programs recognizes outstanding programs which have made a significant contribution to the field of economic development during 2017. These are programs that manage resources to influence or carry out economic development policy in progressive, timely and/or cost effective manner. Some examples from previous years include export trade programs, business finance programs, and city economic development strategies. Apply now. Submit your application via e-mail to: Helen Schaubmayer by 12pm on January 10, 2018.
- Economic Development Promotions recognizes outstanding efforts and achievements in economic development advertising, marketing and promotion during 2017. The emphasis is on effective public relations and comprehensive ongoing business development campaigns that utilize special web sites, print, or broadcast media, collateral material, video or personal contact efforts. Some examples from previous years include brochures, websites, and shop local campaigns. Apply now. Submit your application via e-mail to: Helen Schaubmayer by 12pm on January 10, 2018.
- Member $150 from October 5, 2017 – December 7, 2017
- Member $200 from December 8, 2017 – January 10, 2018
- Nonmember $300 from October 5, 2017 – December 7, 2017
- Nonmember $350 from December 8, 2017 – January 10, 2018
Pay your Awards Application Fee with Credit Card via Affinipay securely. (Enter “Awards Payment” in Reference line). Please note that you may not pay for an application and submit the application at a later date. The Awards Application Fee is the amount due at the time you submit your Awards Application. All application fees must be paid by January 15, 2018 or the application may be rejected. Please see the Application Fees above for dates and fee changes.
- October 5, 2017 Call for Nominations
- January 10, 2018 by 12:00 p.m. (PST) Deadline to Submit Applications
- January 25, 2018 Awards Announcement sent to all Applicants
- February 1, 2018 Engraving and duplicate orders must be received by all Award Winners
The Award of Excellence Winner in each category will be recognized on stage during the Celebrating Success Lunch at CALED’s 38th Annual Training Conference in Monterey, CA on March 16, 2018. Award of Merits will be announced at their seats. Professional photo opportunities will be available for all Award Winners following the Celebrating Success Luncheon. We hope to see you there. View last year’s Award Winners!
If you have questions regarding the Awards of Excellence program, please contact Helen Schaubmayer at (916) 448-8252, ext. 16.