A Year of Crisis, and Now What? Where Our Main Streets Go from Here
April 8, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm| Free
Minority small-business owners and community lenders, some of whom described how they were surviving the COVID-19 pandemic in a Fed Communities story series, will share their experiences.
During this session, panelists will ponder the following questions:
- Where are they now?
- What do they need going forward?
- Who can and should help?
- What’s at stake for us all when small businesses in underserved areas—and the community development financial institutions and minority depository institutions that support them—struggle?
- Suzanne Anarde, CEO, Rural Community Assistance Corporation
- Elmy Bermejo, owner, Tommy’s Mexican Restaurant
- John Chin, executive director, Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation
- Gary R. Woods, former chairman, Oklahoma City Black Chamber of Commerce
- Alfreda Norman, senior vice president, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Matuschka Lindo Briggs, director, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (moderator)