CALED Rural Economic Development Exchange
September 23 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
In May of 2018, the CALED Board approved the creation of a Rural Economic Development Exchange that allows CALED to direct some resources to support our efforts to help rural economic developers connect, share resources, and engage in policy conservations/initiatives. Specifically, CALED is committed to:
- Convene rural economic development stakeholders at least one time per year (outside of CALED’s Annual Conference)
- Include a Rural Exchange opportunity at the conference for resource providers to share updates on how they can support rural economic development as well as showcase best practices
- Work with USDA Rural Development in California to identify ways CALED can support their priorities and promote their work/grants.
- Share what we learn with partners that may be in a position to assist in addressing priorities, challenges, solutions, and resources to grow rural economies
Read the full Charter here.
Virtual Rural Exchange: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 from 1-3pm
The Rural Exchange is going virtual in September. Now more than ever, rural economic developers need an opportunity to connect and discuss how they are adapting to our difficult circumstances. RSVP today to make sure you can participate in the following important sessions:
- Rural Business Needs: Discuss how business’s needs have changed and how economic developers have pivoted to meet their needs.
- Tourism in a Time of COVID-19: How can communities safely & responsibly support their tourism businesses and activities?
- Shared Best Practices/Needs Connection: Connect with your rural economic development peers on a variety of topics important to your community.
We will send a link to join the virtual meeting closer to the date. In order to get that link, RSVP with your information to Michelle Stephens today.