Planning for Economic Recovery
January 13 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| Free
The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) and the International City/County Managers Association(ICMA) have developed a training course in partnership with FEMA: “Planning for Economic Recovery.” Filled with examples of successful economic recovery strategies, this interactive webinar offers opportunities for small group discussions and peer learning.
Register now for the January 13, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. virtual course. Among the many strategies covered in the free, 4-hour course are:
- Engaging small businesses in pre-disaster planning and preparedness.
- Utilizing financial tools and resources for mitigation and recovery.
- Updating your economic recovery plan.
If you do not have a FEMA SID, complete this form before registering for this course: (cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register) Upon registering, you will receive a participant guide and a pre-course assessment. A certificate and a takeaway with more case examples and current resources will be provided upon course completion.
Presentation Team for the January 13 Virtual Course:
- Elizabeth Kellar, Director of Public Policy and Disaster Recovery Programs, ICMA
- Dana Crater, Senior Associate, Economic Development, IEDC
- Mickie Valente, President, Valente Strategic Advisors
- Ron Carlee, Visiting Assistant Professor, Old Dominion University and former County Manager, Arlington, Virginia
The course materials can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.