As many of you are preparing your budgets for FY21/22, we’ve received requests for information regarding membership, the conference, and our trainings. We hope these details help you with your planning.
- CALED will not be increasing dues for the 2021/22 FY.
- CALED is watching public health guidance and is hoping to have an in-person annual event in Spring 2022. If able to move forward with those plans, we are committed to keeping the registration fees in line with past conferences ($495 early bird rate).
- CALED will be holding our Keys to Successful Economic Development Training and Advanced Economic Development Institute Training in partnership with Fresno State and their Craig School of Business. The registration fee will not change and we are coordinating with the University to decide if those will be held virtually or in-person.
- There are several member benefits you can take advantage of that do not cost additional, for example:
- Free Monthly Training for Members (Webinar Wednesday) – a monthly educational series of webinars on different topics relevant to economic development
- Rural Economic Development Exchange – the Rural Economic Development Exchange allows CALED to direct some resources to support our efforts to help rural economic developers connect, share resources, and engage in policy conservations/initiatives
- Member Directory – promotes California’s economic developers – all members listed in this directory is distributed to more than 60,000 readers
- Economic Development Job & Career Center – posts new job openings related to Economic Development (reduced job posting cost for members)
- Legislative Watch – tracks legislation effecting Economic Development
- Economic Development Journal – quarterly journal mailed to all members includes Economic Development articles, best practices, highlights manufacturing projects, funding, career opportunities, and more
- Economic Development Alerts – weekly electronic alerts with relevant Economic Development information, training promotion, funding opportunities, best practices, career opportunities, and resources
For more information on CALED Membership, click here.