CALED’s 40th Annual Conference has been rescheduled for September 2020. Please check back later for more information and details.
The 40th Annual CALED conference will celebrate how California’s Economic Developers are “Getting it done.” every day in their communities through relationship building, strategic planning, and connecting to key resources.
Don’t Miss These Engaging General Sessions!
Times & Date on Agenda may change
General Session: Mayor’s Panel on Economic Development Strategies
Thursday, March 26; 8:00am-9:15am
Grab your breakfast and join us for an in-depth look at how two cities in the Sacramento region are working to ensure economic development success for all of their residents. CALED Conference Co-Chair, Michael Jasso will moderate a spirited conversation between Sacramento Mayor Steinberg and West Sacramento Mayor Cabaldon. You do not want to miss this engaging session to hear what these two cities are up to.
- Aaron Laurel, CALED Chair, City Manager, City of West Sacramento
- Scott Powell, Chairman and CEO, Superior Aviation Company
- Mayor Christopher Cabaldon, City of West Sacramento
- Mayor Darrell Steinberg, City of Sacramento
- Michael Jasso, CALED Conference Co-Chair, Assistant City Manager, City of Sacramento
General Session: Celebrating Success Awards Luncheon
Thursday, March 26; 12:15pm-1:45pm
(Doors open and food service begins at 12:15pm; program begins at 12:30pm; lunch included with conference registration)
Join us in congratulating CALED’s Award of Excellence winners, as we celebrate their successes as well as share some of our own. After a warm welcome from our lunch sponsor, Sacramento Municipal Utility District, CALED CEO Gurbax Sahota will provide an update to the membership on how we’ve been working to support your efforts. The report will include a special presentation by Academy Chair Bruce Kern as we introduce the inaugural Accredited California Economic Developer (ACE) recipients.
Additionally, our conference partner, the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) will provide an update on their progress. This is a great opportunity to learn about their activities and see how you can leverage those to benefit your community. And, of course, we will close by recognizing the Award of Excellence recipients.
A word from our sponsor:
- Erik Krause, Director of Retail Product Development Services, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Mather Kearney, CALED Conference Co-Chair, Economic Development Coordinator, Economic Development & Partnerships, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Bruce Kern, Chair, California Academy for Economic Development
- Lenny Mendonca, Director, Governor’s Office of Business & Economic Development
- Gurbax Sahota, President & CEO, CALED
Masters of Ceremony:
- Steven H. Dukett, Managing Director, Development Services, TKE Engineering, Inc.
- Mario Giuliani, Economic Development Manager, City of Benicia
General Session: “Leg. Matters” Breakfast
Friday, March 27; 8:15am – 8.45am
Join CALED’s Legislative Action Committee Chair, Robert Burris, and California Business Properties Association’s Senior VP of Governmental Affairs, Matthew Hargrove, as they give a legislative update on CALED’s advocacy efforts and how they impact your economic development work.
- Robert Burris, Chair, CALED Legislative Action Committee, President & CEO, Solano EDC
- Matthew Hargrove, Senior Vice President of Governmental Affairs, California Business Properties Association
General Session: Trending in Incentives Luncheon
Friday, March 27; 11:45am – 1:00pm
(Doors open and food service begins at 11:45am; program begins at 12:00pm; lunch included with conference registration)
This engaging lunch conversation will dig deep on the often-controversial topic of economic development incentives. As the speakers look at both pros and cons of these tools, there will also be discussion on how communities benefit from incentives and if that benefit is distributed equally. You won’t want to miss this lively panel answering tough questions on when and how to use incentives.
A word from our sponsor:
- Peter Grabell, Senior Vice President PACE, Dividend Finance
- Robert Burris, President & CEO, Solano EDC
- Danielle Casey CEcD, EDFP, Executive Vice President, Greater Sacramento Economic Council
- Jim Simon, Principal, RSG, Inc.
- Diane Richards, Economic Development Manager, City of West Sacramento
For questions on sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities, please contact Michelle Stephens at email@example.com and (916) 448-8252 x.12.
2020 CALED Conference Steering Committee
Click here to see the full listing of this year’s Conference Committee.
Refunds and Cancellations
CALED is pleased to incur expenses on your behalf to process your registration. If necessary, you may cancel your registration up to seven days before the day of the event and your registration fee, less a 15 per cent handling fee, will be credited to a future CALED event of your choice (to be used within a 12-month period). All cancellations must be sent to CALED in writing in order to be valid. Cancellation requests must be emailed to Alphonse Wilfred at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18, 2020. CALED does not provide cash refunds for any reason. Registrants who cancel less than seven days before the day of the event and all no shows are responsible for full payment. You may make a substitution at any time.
For questions regarding the Annual Training Conference or Registration, please contact Alphonse Wilfred at (916) 448-8252, Ext. 17.