(Doors open and food service begins at 12:15pm; program begins at 12:30pm; lunch included with conference registration)
Join us in congratulating CALED’s Award of Excellence winners, as we celebrate their successes as well as share some of our own. After a warm welcome from our lunch sponsor, Sacramento Municipal Utility District, CALED CEO Gurbax Sahota will provide an update to the membership on how we’ve been working to support your efforts. The report will include a special presentation by Academy Chair Bruce Kern as we introduce the inaugural Accredited California Economic Developer (ACE) recipients.
Additionally, our conference partner, the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) will provide an update on their progress. This is a great opportunity to learn about their activities and see how you can leverage those to benefit your community. And, of course, we will close by recognizing the Award of Excellence recipients.
A word from our sponsor:
- Erik Krause, Director of Retail Product Development Services, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Mather Kearney, CALED Conference Co-Chair, Economic Development Coordinator, Economic Development & Partnerships, Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Bruce Kern, Chair, California Academy for Economic Development
- Lenny Mendonca, Director, Governor’s Office of Business & Economic Development
- Gurbax Sahota, President & CEO, CALED
Masters of Ceremony:
- Steven H. Dukett, Managing Director, Development Services, TKE Engineering, Inc.
- Mario Giuliani, Economic Development Manager, City of Benicia