Economic Development Job Postings
PREVIOUS ADVERTISEMENTS: Archive List
CURRENT 2019 JOB ADVERTISEMENTS: Listed by Application Date
City of Weed, California, Population 3,000
Salary Range $120,132 – $144,144 DOQ, plus excellent benefits
FILING DEADLINE: Monday, December 16, 2019, 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time
Nestled at the base of majestic Mount Shasta, along the 500-mile Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway, is the historic City of Weed. Named after founder Abner Weed, it is a dynamic community successfully transitioning from its lumber town legacy toward a vibrant tourism and transportation-based economy. At the juncture of Interstate 5 and Highway 97, is the gateway to the eastside of the Cascades, and attractive to major travel facilities.
Affordable, livable, ethnically and culturally diverse community with excellent schools, Siskiyou Community College, medical facilities, entertainment and cultural events, and year round seasonal outdoor recreation. Politically stable, Weed’s last two City Managers retired after 12 and 9 years of service. City Council is seeking a long-term mutual commitment with its next City Manager, continuing its track of organizational improvement and community progress
Desired Education, Experience and Skills: Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or related field (MPA desirable), minimum five years progressive municipal government management experience, including budget and finance, economic development, human resources, grantsmanship, employee negotiations. Highly desirable attributes –collaborative teambuilding management style, a facilitator and leader within both City organization and community, stellar social and public relations, excellent oral, written, and computer communication skills, high ethical integrity.
Cover letter, detailed professional resume and five professional references to City of Weed, Attn: Jeff Butzlaff, P.O. Box 470, Weed, CA 96094, or to CityofWeedCA@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone inquiries to Mr. Butzlaff at (530) 859-1783. Position Brochure available mid-Oct., and on website at www.ci.weed.ca.us.
Administrative Analyst – Economic Development & Grants
City of Selma
Salary Range: $4,403 to $5,352 per month
Filing Deadline: December 13, 2019
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Economic Development: work with management consultants, realtors, the Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Center and other agencies to coordinate activities aimed at obtaining necessary zoning, utilities, building permits and other City services for new development prospects; work with various public and private agencies to ensure conformity to established regulations.
Grants: coordinate grant-related planning activities, including facilitating discussion groups and planning teams, developing surveys and needs assessments, and reviewing and reporting data; write, edit and package grant proposals and project budgets that comply with municipal policies and procedures.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- A) Graduation from an accredited college or university in marketing, public relations, public administration, business or closely related field.
- B) Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in economic development, community planning, grants writing, public relations or closely related field.
- C) California Driver’s License.
APPLY AT: Application forms may be obtained from Selma City Hall, 1710 Tucker Street, Selma, CA 93662 (559) 891-2200 or at www.cityofselma.com and must be filed at Selma City Hall by December 13, 2019. (Postmarks not accepted) EOE
Community Development Director
City of Selma
Salary Range: $85, 944 – $104,472 annually plus excellent benefits
Filing Deadline: December 13, 2019
Selma, California is located in the heart of the richest raisin producing area of the world, on Freeway 99, just 15 miles south of Fresno. With an expanding population of over 25,000, Selma operates under the City Council/City Manager form of government.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications…
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in urban planning, community development, public administration or a related field; and
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in professional urban planning; and
- Working knowledge of administrative guidelines for municipal building and code enforcement department operations; and
- Five years supervisory experience.
- AICP certificate is desirable
Technical knowledge of the principles and practices of urban and regional planning and administrative practices and procedures of building and code enforcement departments; Strong people-oriented management and leadership skills; a team builder who empowers staff and encourages professional growth; Communication skills in both written and verbal forms; Listening and problem-solving skills; Active team participation and consensus building.
Salary: $85, 944 – $104,472 annually plus excellent benefits
Applicants must submit an application and résumé including education, experience, and qualifications, no later than Friday, December 13, 2019 to: CITY OF SELMA HUMAN RESOURCES 1710 Tucker Street, Selma, CA 93662. (559) 891-2200. EOE.
Director of Research
Greater Sacramento Economic Council
Open Until Filled
- Independently lead the identification and development of new data-centric value propositions
- Research, collect and analyze economic data for metropolitan areas, states, and municipalities from various sources
- Analyze and prepare information to make a compelling business case for prospective clients
- Serve as GSECs leading expert in data analysis, tracking and reporting on macro and micro level trends utilizing both primary and secondary data sources
- Provide research support & advice to other internal teams to co-develop marketing materials, strategic documents and other analyses consistent with GSEC’s economic development objectives
- Conduct competitive market and industry analyses across all sectors
- Utilize various public and private datasets to conduct advanced data and statistical analysis on regional economic trends as well as financial and economic impact modeling tools to conduct analysis and report on the economic impact
- Present to external audiences on behalf of GSEC
- Oversee the day to day outcomes and activities of entry level research staff & interns
- Masters degree preferred in related field
- Proficient in MS Office
- Extensive evaluation, analytical and investigative skills to develop strong research proposals and policy briefs
- Customer service, presentation and relationship management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated expertise in developing metrics that measure the success of program drivers and impact
- Working in a fast-paced environment and doing hands-on work in a growing organization
- Strong familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research design
- Possess experience in economic development or related industry
- Direct policy experience in local, state or federal government
For more information, download complete job description here.
Economic Development Executive Director
San Benito County Economic Development Corporation
Compensation: $9,167 per month
Open Until Filled
The Economic Development Corporation of San Benito County is a collaboration of private and public investors, whose mission is to attract, grow and retain business and industry in San Benito County, in an effort to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life in its communities of Hollister and San Juan Bautista.
Under the direction of the EDC Board of Directors and initially within a contractual capacity, the Executive Director will drive the initiative to build momentum for economic development in San Benito County, while engaging with its investors, partners and the EDC Board of Directors to design, manage and implement programs and projects. The Executive Director will adopt a passion for EDC’s mission, adhere to the highest standards and quality of his/her work, possess excellent analytical skills, with exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Please apply directly for this position via this link: http://yoursmartsource.yppjobs.com/job/152129/economic-development-executive-director
Research Assistant/ Analyst
Location: Orange County, California
Open Until Filled
Contact – email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Policy & Planning, Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Real Estate, and/or other related field
- However, any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities may be considered
- Applicants must have a car (mileage is reimbursed by the company at current federal rates), a valid California Driver’s license and proof of car insurance
- Candidates should be comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, and Word)
- Collect, research, and analyze property and financial data
- Create and update Excel spreadsheets using advanced formulas (some involving vlookups and pivot tables)
- Prepare written reports
- Assist with housing compliance monitoring (requires travel by car to various Southern California counties, approx. one day per week)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must be capable of working collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a team of driven and intelligent colleagues
DO YOU ENJOY:
- Working collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced office environment?
- Collecting, researching, and analyzing property/financial data?
- Solving complex problems?
- Working in Excel?
- Helping communities thrive?
- Having fun at work?
We pledge to give you the means to succeed, provide a clear path to responsibility and empower you to realize your fullest potential. We all share a common vision and core values. We want to facilitate staff advancement, learning and innovation.
We trust you. We are confident that you will always act in a manner to advance the organization – provide excellent work and customer service. We know that you can tackle the industry challenges we experience. There is no limit to what we can achieve together working as a team.
We ask for your highest level of engagement, problem solving capabilities, creativity, willingness to forge new ways to serve our clients, and your trust that the road forward will be rewarding and fun for all of us.
THE PARTNERS ARE AS COMMITTED TO DEVELOPING YOU AS WE ARE TO THE HEALTH OF THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.
Candidates who succeed at RSG align to our core values, are quick learners, and are motivated not only by their own professional growth, but the outcomes they can help deliver to our public agency and private sector clients. If you think you could be a good fit for the team, please submit resumes.