Economic Development Job Postings
PREVIOUS ADVERTISEMENTS: Archive List
CURRENT 2017-2018 JOB ADVERTISEMENTS: Listed by Application Date
Housing Manager-Program Manager III
City of Stockton
Deadline Date: October 6, 2017, by 5:00pm
Job Description: The City of Stockton is seeking an innovative, self-motived, highly professional candidate to serve as its Housing Manager. The ideal person should possess the following skills and experience:
- Implementation of affordable housing strategies and/or programs,
- Management of affordable housing development projects, including assistance with site acquisition, project eligibility review, financing, contract administration, and monitoring,
- Development of programs aimed at reducing homelessness and/or supporting home ownership,
- Experience in administering federal funds such as CDBG, ESG and HOME,
- Knowledge of underwriting practices,
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to collaborate effectively with the affordable housing and nonprofit community; and
- Desire to make a positive impact in the Stockton community by creating and preserving affordable housing opportunities.
One (1) vacancy currently exists in the Economic Development Department. The Housing Manager – Program Manager III will work a City of Stockton 9/80 schedule: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fridays, with alternating Fridays off. The incumbent in this position may be required to work additional hours and/or weekends as needed by the department.
Minimum Qualifications: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business or public administration or a closely related field, or the field of the program to which assigned, and four (4) years of experience managing or supervising highly visible programs or projects with major departmental or citywide impact.
For requirements and detailed information go to: www.stocktonca.gov/jobs or visit the City of Stockton’s HR Dept., located at 400 E. Main St, 3rd Floor, Stockton, CA 95202. 209-937-8233. EOE