CALED Rural Economic Development Exchange
In May of 2018, the CALED Board approved the creation of a Rural Economic Development Exchange that allows CALED to direct some resources to support our efforts to help rural economic developers connect, share resources, and engage in policy conversations/initiatives. Specifically, CALED is committed to:
- Convene rural economic development stakeholders at least one time per year (outside of CALED’s Annual Conference)
- Include a Rural Exchange opportunity at the conference for resource providers to share updates on how they can support rural economic development as well as showcase best practices
- Work with USDA Rural Development in California to identify ways CALED can support their priorities and promote their work/grants.
- Share what we learn with partners that may be in a position to assist in addressing priorities, challenges, solutions, and resources to grow rural economies
Read the full Charter here.
If you haven’t seen it yet, make sure to check out the California Rural Infrastructure Finance Guidebook.
Past Rural Exchange Events:
- January 10, 2018–Winter Rural Exchange, Sacramento, CA
- September 26, 2018–Fall Rural Exchange, Tehachapi, CA
- January 15, 2019–Winter Rural Exchange, Sacramento, CA
- March, 23, 2019–Rural Networking at CALED Conference, Anaheim, CA
- August 8, 2019–Summer Rural Exchange, Eureka, CA
- January 21, 2020–Winter Rural Exchange, Sacramento, CA
- April 28, 2020–Rural Recovery Update Webinar
- September 23, 2020–Virtual Fall Rural Exchange
- February 11, 2021–Virtual Winter Rural Exchange
- October 6, 2021–Virtual Fall Rural Exchange
- February 16, 2022–Virtual Winter Rural Exchange
- May 11, 2022–Rural Community Recovery Discussion at CALED Conference, Long Beach, CA
If you’re interested in getting on the Rural Exchange email list to learn about upcoming events and resources, please email Laura Cole-Rowe, email@example.com.