CALED Rural Economic Development Exchange
In May of 2018, the CALED Board approved the creation of a Rural Economic Development Exchange that allows CALED to direct some resources to support our efforts to help rural economic developers connect, share resources, and engage in policy conservations/initiatives. Specifically, CALED is committed to:
- Convene rural economic development stakeholders at least one time per year (outside of CALED’s Annual Conference)
- Include a Rural Exchange opportunity at the conference for resource providers to share updates on how they can support rural economic development as well as showcase best practices
- Work with USDA Rural Development in California to identify ways CALED can support their priorities and promote their work/grants.
- Share what we learn with partners that may be in a position to assist in addressing priorities, challenges, solutions, and resources to grow rural economies
Read the full Charter here.
If you haven’t seen it yet, make sure to check out the California Rural Infrastructure Finance Guidebook.
In response to the Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS), CALED reached out to members to see how they were helping impacted businesses and well as measuring that impact. Click here to see a collection of the responses we received.
Past Rural Exchange Events:
- January 10, 2018–Sacramento, CA
- September 26, 2018–Tehachapi, CA
- January 15, 2019–Sacramento, CA
- March, 23, 2019 (Rural Networking at CALED Conference)–Anaheim, CA
- August 8, 2019–Eureka, CA
- January 21, 2020–Sacramento, CA
- April 28, 2020–Rural Recovery Update Webinar
- September 23, 2020–Virtual Fall Rural Exchange. To view the recording, click here.