Join us in Eureka on August 7th & 8th for CALED’s Rural Economic Development Exchange
We are happy to announce that the Rural Economic Development Exchange will be held in the City of Eureka on August 7th and 8th.
Registration: Register today for the Exchange
CALED Member: $50
Below is the event agenda:
August 7, 2019—Economic Development Reception
Courtesy of Redwood Region EDC & Northern CA SBDCs
Location: Boardwalk near Madaket Plaza, Eureka Waterfront
This event will feature live music, local foods, beers, wines, spirits, etc. with each attendee receiving one drink token. Additional tokens can be purchased. The SBDC Lead Center has reserved the Madaket, which will take people on short 15-20 minute tours of the bay during the event.
- The Humboldt Yacht Club will be holding their races (~5:00pm)
- Visit tables for local information on Humboldt Made, tourism, products, etc.
Thank you to the local sponsors of this reception:
August 8, 2019—Rural Economic Development Exchange
Time: 8:30am – 3:00pm
Location: The Inn at 2nd & C
124 C St.
Eureka, CA 95501
8:30-9:00—Registration & Continental Breakfast
9:00-9:30—Welcome & Introductions
- Kim Vann, USDA Rural Development State Director
- Economic Development Update
- CALED USDA RD Grant Update
10:45-12:00—Group Roundtable—What success metrics do you use?
12:00-1:00—Working Lunch—Helping Your Small Businesses with ADA Compliance
- Tara Schiff, Mariposa County, Rural Liaison to the CALED Board
- Jesse Torres, Biltmore Group, LLC
- Resource Database for Economic Development Practitioners—Loree Byzick
- EDA Update—Malinda Matson
- ATIP USDA grant—Gurbax Sahota
- Small Business Development Centers—Scott Rogalski
- Broadband Policy Development—Courtney Farrell
2:00-3:00—Potential CDBG Projects & Eligibility
- Preparing for NOFA
The Inn at 2nd & C
124 C St.
Ph: (707) 444-3344
Carter House Inns
301 L St
Ph: (707) 444-8062
BW PLUS Humboldt Bay Inn
232 West Fifth St
Ph: (707) 443-2234
Red Lion Hotel
1929 Fourth St
Quality Inn Eureka
1209 4th Street
Ph: (707) 443-1601
BW PLUS Bayshore Inn
Ph: (707) 268-8005
Click here for additional lodging information.
Travel Scholarships: CALED is pleased to announce that we have travel scholarships available for this event. Please email Michelle Stephens at email@example.com if you would like to receive $125 reimbursement on your travel expenses to attend this event. We have limited funds so please only respond if you genuinely need the financial assistance.
Thanks to Gregg Foster with Redwood Region Economic Development Commission for his help with this event.
CALED Rural Economic Development Exchange
- Convene rural economic development stakeholders at least one time per year (outside of CALED’s Annual Conference)
- Include a Rural Exchange opportunity at the conference for resource providers to share updates on how they can support rural economic development as well as showcase best practices
- Work with USDA Rural Development in California to identify ways CALED can support their priorities and promote their work/grants.
- Share what we learn with partners that may be in a position to assist in addressing priorities, challenges, solutions, and resources to grow rural economies
Read the full Charter here.