CALED Board Resolution: Recognizing TeamCalifornia Partnership
The California Association for Local Economic Development (CALED) Board of Directors (Board), by majority vote, adopted the following resolution on the 7th day of April, 2014 at a meeting held by the Board where a quorum was present.
WHEREAS CALED is the premier statewide professional economic development organization dedicated to advancing its members’ ability to achieve excellence in delivering economic development services to their communities and business clients;
WHEREAS CALED’s membership consists of public and private organizations and individuals involved in economic development: the business of creating and retaining jobs;
WHEREAS CALED delivers its mission through educational programs, communicating best practices, presenting an annual conference which is the largest gathering of economic developers in California, and educating leaders and stakeholders by promoting the value of economic development;
WHEREAS TeamCalifornia Economic Development Corporation is a private, non-profit, California membership-based corporation that brings together California’s economic development professionals from local and regional organizations, cities and counties, utilities and other private sector companies working directly with business to market their locations for new investment and job creation in California;
WHEREAS TeamCalifornia Economic Development Corporation delivers its mission through collaborative marketing efforts at business venues, actively promoting California as an attractive business location through various media channels, and hosting an annual “Meet the Consultant” event that brings national and international site selectors to California.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT the Board of CALED partners with TeamCalifornia Economic Development Corporation in the following manner:
- Leadership in policy and professional development for California’s economic developer professionals and stakeholders;
- Support of TeamCalifornia and its members by sharing opportunities to market and promote California; and
- Collaboration with TeamCalifornia as appropriate to further the mission of both organizations.
- Marketing leadership to promote California as an attractive location for businesses;
- Support of CALED’s members by educating them on best practices in marketing and promoting California; and
- Collaboration with CALED as appropriate to further the mission of both organizations.
Chair, California Association for Local Economic Development